Saturday, September 13, 2014

Project #15, Search Engines

WolframAlpha is a search engine that can compute math problems or allow you to search what you want. It is a very interesting search engine because it allows for one to caluclate tricky math problems and things of that sort.
Bing is also a search engine that I have used in the past, it allows for one to do searching just as Google or WolframAlpha would allow. It seems to me to be faster and have less adds to filter through verses Google.
AOL is a very popular search engine that many people use, I however did not really like it because it was very add ridden.
Yahoo is another search engine that I was not particularly a fan of because it caused my computer to lag and not work to its full advantage.
Ask Jeeves is a relatively okay search engine I had no bad things to say about it, however it was not my favorite.
DuckDuckGo is a rather nice search engine it created tons of results upon tying in a simple phrase I was interested about.
Lycos is another search engine that I seemed to have no problems with, it provided fast and quick responses to bring up my desired material.
Ixquick was the last search engine I looked at, it had no major problems to me besides I felt that it caused my computer to run slower than normal. It did provided good sources but I wouldn't trade a fast computer for good sources when I can find others.

No comments:

Post a Comment